In the spirit of Jain principles and random acts of kindness, JCGS announces a new initiative called JCGS Helping Hands.
JCGS Helping Hands tries to match a community member needing help with the community member who can provide help.
Some examples for JCGS Helping Hands acts of kindness:
- Rides: Seniors may need rides to come to the Derasar or to a JCGS event
- Can you give a hand by offering a ride?
- Time: A family member may be sick or disabled for a prolonged time
- Can you give a hand by relieving the family for a short time and give some company?
- Can you give a hand by helping run a few errands?
- Skill: A member may need some basic 101 knowledge on technology or even schoolwork?
- Can you give a hand by offering computer lessons or basic internet usage?
- Can you give a hand with car repairs, cell phones updates, even tutoring, etc.?
Here is how JCGS Helping Hands works:
- Need a hand? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- When you need a helping hand, please email us and one of our committee members from JCGS’s Helping Hands team will get the details.
- Give a hand
- We have a WhatsApp group for members willing to give a hand. All helping hand requests are posted on the group. If a volunteer can meet that request, the committee member will pass the volunteers information to the person in need.
Please note that not all helping-hand requests may be honored. All volunteers will be required to be respectful and mindful of privacy.